About the Oregon Trail Range
The Oregon Trail Range is located off 2-1/2 mile road in Chubbuck. Simply drive to 2-1/2 mile road (off of Hiline) and drive east on it past the I-15 passover and continue to the second large green gates. Use the gate on the right-hand side. You will need the key issued to you [make sure you also have your membership card] to get in. Once inside the gate, drive down the dirt road. You will pass a road to your right (reserved for law enforcement only), continue up the hill to the Oregon Trail Range located on the north side of the road.
Latitude: 42 56' 46.1436"
Longitude: -112 24' 42.8184"
1. SAFETY is rule ONE.
2. All shooters must sign in with the Range Officer using the sign-up book in the Range trailer. Non-member shooters must pay the $3/day range user fee.
3. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Obey the Range Officer's commands and use common sense.
5. Remain behind the firing line if not shooting (exception is one coach per shooter).
6. EYE and EAR protection must be worn by everyone within 20' of the firing line.
7. Keep firearm action open when not actually firing.
8. Firearm muzzles will be pointed up or down-range at all times when on the firing line.
9. Firearm actions must be open and muzzle pointed in a safe direction when not on the firing line
10. NO ONE is allowed in the Down Range/Danger Zone forward of the firing line except on the Range Officer's command.
11. Use of armor piercing ammunition and/or tracer ammunition is not allowed.
12. Use only targets provided by or approved by the GCSSA. Glass targets or shooting at objects made of glass is prohibited.
13. No shooting at steel targets with rifles, except those steel targets specifically designated as rifle and pistol targets and placed at least 200 yards or more forward of the firing line. Steel targets are destroyed by close rifle fire.
14. THERE WILL BE NO HUNTING OR SHOOTING AT WILDLIFE (RATTLESNAKES EXCEPTED) WITHIN THE FENCED-IN RANGE AREA OR RANGE PROPERTY ADJACENT TO THE STORAGE BOXCAR.
15. No pets are allowed within the fenced-in range area.
16. Food and drink are not allowed on the firing line.
17. ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED on the range, except for prepared activities such as picnic and/or barbecues when the range is not in use and/or has been closed by the Range Officer.
18. Place all trash in the trash receptacles. Return range targets and stands to the stand boxes when firing is completed.
19. Failure to comply with these Range Rules or Range Officer commands may result in the loss of shooting privileges and fees paid.
20. Intentional damage to Range property will result in the loss of shooting privileges and fees paid, and may result in prosecution if deemed appropriate by the Association Board of Directors.
21. Failure to obey the Range Officer's orders to leave the Association premises will result in prosecution.
22. Shooting hours are between 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset. Night shooting is generally prohibited. Night shooting shall only be permitted if it is part of a sanctioned event specifically approved by the Board of Directors.
If you see any unsafe activities, please either inform the person of their unsafe act or report it (date, time, description of the activity as well as description of unsafe party) in writing and drop the information into the Pay Station Box.
We all have a responsibility to monitor safety at all times. Unsafe acts, including firing onto surrounding private property, puts the continued use of the range by all at risk.
GATE CITY SPORT SHOOTING ASSOCIATION
& THE OREGON TRAIL RANGE